Linggo, Disyembre 7, 2014

Macapagal's Autobiography Prediction

       Diosdado Macapagal’s autobiography predicted his daughter’s rise to power.

    Diosdado Macapagal was known for bringing land reform to the Philippines, and for pursuing anti-graft and-corruption reforms that were rendered useless by a non-cooperative congress. His daughter Gloria however doesn’t enjoy the same kind of reputation. Interestingly, the senior Macapagal did predict that Gloria would also become president many decades later. In his autobiography, which was also a criticism of Marcos’
conversion of “our traditional democracy to a dictatorship in 1972,” Diosdado writes about his daughter’s drive:
“Because of my love for my children, I have always wanted them to be proud of me, which made me strive harder in my career. Gloria in particular I hope to be a great role model for; from a young age she has shown an understanding of the intricacies of power, a knowledge of how to bring about a change for the better through an exceptional and innate gift of influence.”

Reference:

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento